What is the hardest part of using social media for your business or brand? If you are like most small business owners, coming up with content is at the top of your list.
Here are sample ideas for social media posts using photos that you can use for your business. These are applicable to Instagram, Twitter, Facebook or your favorite social media outlets.
Depending on your business, you can use a blend of business and personal photos.
- What Did You Do Today? Use a photo of you (day in the life). For me, it was a photo depicting my radio life on-air. Describe a day at work and how much you love it using ideas, but not quotes, from your product or service.
- Someone That Makes You Happy. This is a personal one. I used my son, Trey, to describe the importance of family in success since this is a common idea. We also emphasized the importance of kids learning business early.
- Proud! Use your notable photos (i.e. graduation) or award or a picture that represents your success.
- Somewhere You Went. Use the most beautiful picture(s) you have of you somewhere to emphasize the places that success can take you.
- Memory… Use an old picture of you (i.e. Grandma’s house) to emphasize your roots, as well as, foreshadow mentioning your story to show who you are.
- Motivation! Use a photo with a motivational quote that you look to when you think of hard work and success.
- Technology. Use a photo of your favorite technology and how it affects your business.
- Your Nationality/Ethnicity. To show your diversity, you may want to emphasize this in your product/brand.
- Something I Made. What cool art or hobby do you do? As an example, I include a photo of my art. Make it a point to show that you have a fun life outside your work.
- Highlight Of Your Month. You can flashback to an event, conference or person you met.
- Inspiring Person. Who is your role model?
- Post A Quote. Include a graphic and hashtag #Quote #Inspiration
- My Favorite Tool. You can get creative with this one, it can be technology, product or service that makes your job easier.) For this book, we used a paintbrush to emphasize “Color Your Message.”
- Changes To Come. What new ideas, products, or services are in your business?
- My Favorite Food. Self-explanatory.
- My Favorite Book. Just post a picture of your favorite book and maybe a coffee next to it, we have to make these photos catchy, not just random photos.
- Home. Where are you from? Great way to reconnect and grow your social media brand on a personal level. For me, I often show Texas and a little bit of my past.
- Quiet. A relaxing moment when you take time away from busy day-to-day life.
- Goal Of The Day. Today I will edit 10 pages of my book.
- Gratitude. Who are you thankful for? What should you show gratitude for?
- Best Part Of My Day. Sum it up for your followers in text, photo, or a video.
- Dressed To Impress. Business photo of yourself.
- Website. Snapshot of a page on your website. Get us to go to your site!
- My Plan. A chart of your daily plan for success.
- WOW! Something business related that causes a big wow.
- Reward. Something you find rewarding.
- Inspiration. Talk about, retweet, or repost people who inspire you.