News, Media, Podcast List, Bio & PR
To grab one of Lisa Caprelli's 19 books (English or Spanish) you can see them all on Amazon, Audible, Barnes & Noble. Click here!
Lisa Caprelli is an author of 19 books, speaker, Forbes writer and innovator with a passion for studying, expressing and writing about human behavior, communication, entrepreneurship and happiness.
"I describe my life's work so far like BENJAMIN BUTTON! I began my early years with seniors, then business minded people, then college students ... to teens, elementary aged kids and even babies."
Lisa grew up with humble beginnings in the sun city of El Paso, Texas. She is proud of her Latin roots and culture. She has made Southern California her home for the past 21 years and is the mother of two sons.
It is important for Lisa to connect and teach students of all ages. Sometimes it requires travel to reach as many children, educators, parents, librarians and schools with the positive and meaningful lessons she has learned and continues to learn.
After 25 years in marketing and branding over 150 CEO's and turning their business into meaningful brands, Caprelli, created SKIP A STEP books and theory and launched UNICORN JAZZ to be able to reach children at very young ages.
It is through using the best of SKIP A STEP stories and its journal in practice, that she was inspired to live a PURPOSE FILLED LIFE and create meaning and HAPPINESS out of her own life and be the catalyst to use her voice and turn them into words.
This best-selling author is proud to be the first generation to graduate from college and she graduated magna cum laude with a Bachelor's of Science Degree in Social Psychology. Her quest for studying human behavior and teaching is seen in her author visits, school visits, with kids, parents, educators. She believes in community outreach and volunteering and by sharing her love of literacy and reading she reaches even more kids at children's hospitals and nonprofits like ACCC.
To grab one of Lisa Caprelli's 19 books (English or Spanish) you will find them on Amazon, Audible, Barnes & Noble. Click here!
Author and Entrepreneur Lisa Caprelli is Available for Media Interviews, Speaking, Presentations or Podcasts.
TV Interviews & Appearances
• Channel 11 News on Help and Give Back Book Donations for Elementary School
• News Reporter Michelle Ross Covers Bronx School Help and Give Back Efforts with Nonprofit Hindi's Libraries
• Good Morning La La Land - TV Interview on the Five Hats
• Good Day Orange County - TV Interview
• KVIA ABC News - TV Interview & Virtual Author Visit
• KVIA ABC News, "Choose Love" - News Report
• ACCC - Aaron Community Cultural Center Back-to-School Giveaways July 16, 2022, Los Angeles
• Unicorn Jazz: Aaron Community Cultural Center Heart of Christmas Family Event Kids Help & Give Back
• Unicorn Jazz Ocean Animal Book Storytime, Mermaid and Puppet Event for Children Huntington Beach CA
• Children's Hospital of Orange County Book Donation Charity Event
Magazines, Articles, & News Reports
• Author Brings Books to Life for Local Students - ABC7 News Interview with Lisa Caprelli (KVIA.com)
• Why It's So Important To Create A Novel Product Or Service - ForbesWomen Article
• Desert Sun Newspaper - Emily Isabel Teams with Unicorn Jazz Author Lisa Caprelli to Inspire Kids
• Shout Out L.A. - "Meet Lisa Caprelli" Magazine Article
• Book It Forward NYC: "DANCE & SING WITH ME" Book Donation Event
• Unicorn Jazz & Hindi's Libraries Books Given to Bronx Kids (Bronx Times Reporter Article)
• How To Write A Book That Sparks A Movement: Lisa Caprelli, Unicorn Jazz, & Social Emotional Learning (Medium.com Article)
• Sunday Author Spotlight: Lisa Caprelli Author Article Interview
• Naluda Magazine: Author Article Interview
• SecretCeleb.com - Author Article Interview: Bringing Stories to Life
• Understanding Extroverted And Introverted Personalities In The Workplace - Forbes.com Article
• The Importance Of Bringing Goodwill To Your Company's Mission - Forbes.com Article
• Forbes Article: Eight Powerful Examples Of Women In Leadership (And What We Can All Learn From Them) - Lisa Caprelli on Tip #7
• Four Tips On Fostering Goodwill, Kindness & Happiness In Your Organization - Forbes.com Article
• Voyage Knoxville Magazine Feature - "Check Out Lisa Caprelli's Story"
• How To Build Employee Purpose As An Organizational Leader - Forbes.com Article
• Building Your Personal Brand (Offering Wisdom) - Forbes.com Article
• How To Overcome 15 Big Daily Distractions Leaders Face (Spending Time On Social Media) - Forbes.com Article
• Meet Author Lisa Caprelli - CatholicMom.com Article Feature
• Lisa Caprelli-Bieber On How to Raise Children Who Feel Loved and Connected - Medium.com Article
CSLA Conference 2022
Saturday, February 19th - 11 am - 11:45 am. Lisa shares how she made her characters come to life with puppets, writing, reading, and imagination. Inspired by Sesame Street and with her kids multi-media brand of Unicorn Jazz's Show, Lisa has created a way to teach and entertain entire school audiences, from grades K-8. Visit at https://whova.com/web/csla_202110/
Podcasts & Radio
• Episode 183: Some Stories Are Meant to Be Told... Differently - Podcast Interview
• Faces of Business with Host Damon Pistulka - Linkedin Live & Facebook Podcast Interview
• Focus on What You Can Do By Host Brigitte Cutshall - Podcast Interview - Listen on Apple Podcasts & iHeart Radio
• Bringing Happiness with Unicorns & Rainbows - Video Podcast interview
• Unlocking the Power of a Child's Imagination: Lisa Caprelli - Podcast Interview
• Hera Herald: Wise Words for Women in Business - Podcast Interview
• When Fun Becomes Work: Women With Ambition - Spotify Podcast Interview
• Writing Your Own Path: Coding the Future - Podcast Interview with Host Dr. Sharon Jones
• Dimension Latina FM Radio TV Interview with Bilingual Host Elsa Prado
• Helping Kids Smile, Believe and Create! - YouTube Video Interview with Podcast Host Ande Lyons
• The Latina Mom Legacy - Podcast Interview with Host Janny Perez
• Happiness & Meaning Beyond the Lies - Podcast Interview with Host Linda Heeler
• The Business of Happiness: #67 Guiding Kids to Lead Purposeful Lives - Podcast Interview with Host Tarryn MacCarthy
• Luminary Leaders - Podcast Interview with Shelly Harrison
• Philosophy of Small Business - Podcast Interview
• Impactful Relationships - Google Podcast Interview
• (Talk4TV.com) Creating Your Vision: Success 4 Women - Podcast Interview with Host Dr. Lewis
• Be Unique Like a Unicorn - Podcast Interview with Host Oscar Garcia
• The Rutledge Perspective: #95 Earning a Living & Serving Others - Podcast Interview
• Best/Worst Thing - Podcast Interview
• Master Your Passion - Podcast Interview with Host Robbie Samuels
• Magic Everywhere Episode 9 - Podcast Interview with Host Michael John Sullivan
• Beyond the Legal Lens - Apple Podcast Interview with Host Emily Witt
• Unlocking the Power of a Child's Imagination - Apple Podcast Interview
• Fresh Blood - 'Killing it After 40': Episode 065 - Apple Podcast with Lisa Caprelli - Former Branding/PR Specialist Turned Children’s Author/Songwriter/Speaker
• Dreamers to Leaders - Keeping It Real with Melody: Episode 25 - How To Help Kids Thrive Socially And Mentally In These Uncertain Times - Apple Podcast
• Have a Seat: Episode 104 - Podcast Interview with Debra Coleman
• Leadership Junkies: Episode 173 - Podcast Interview with Host Jeff Nischwitz
• Spotlight Series Episode 51: Unicorn Jazz – Accelerate to Achieve Podcast Interview with Host Ryan Walter
• How To Help Kids Thrive Socially And Mentally In These Uncertain Times - Dreamers to Leaders Video Podcast: Keeping it Real with Melody
• Leveraging Your Talents and Networks: Conversation in the Nic of Time - Podcast Interview with Host Nicci Roach
• Inspiring Young Creative Minds - Episode 49 Lapizarra Podcast Interview with Host Nicky Mondellini
• Helping Children Create Connection Through Storytelling - Podcast Interview with Host Roxanne Derhodge
• Accelerate 2 Achieve Podcast: Episode 51 - Doing the Work You Love
• Person & Planet Podcast Episode 20: Unicorn Jazz, Educational Entertainment For Kids, Social Emotional Learning (SEL), Meaningful & Purposeful Business
• Christian Podcast: Wow Mom Host Ellen Mongan Interviews Author Lisa Caprelli - God's Work Ministry
• Be a Unicorn - The Good Around Us Podcast Interview with Host Stephanie Keally
• Raising Hispanic Leaders Summit 2022 - The Meaning of Success Podcast Interview with Host Melisa Rosalez
• Other People's Shoes Podcast - S12E9 - With Host Neil Matthews
About Lisa Caprelli
Lisa Caprelli is an author of 16 books, a songwriter, speaker, and host of the Amazon TV show called UNICORN JAZZ PRESENTS THE THING I DO. Directed by Lisa Caprelli and Produced and created with a winning team of kid actors, singers and writers! Click Here for Lisa's Bio & Press Kit
Lisa grew up with humble beginnings in the sun city of El Paso, Texas. She is proud of her Latin roots and culture. She always wanted to live near the ocean and today lives in Huntington Beach, California. She has made Orange County, California her home for the past 20 years. Lisa has experience presenting to elementary, middle and high school students and has taught at Long Beach State, California.
Having worked with over 150 CEO's and brands and with a 27+ years of writing, marketing, branding, public relations, FM/AM radio, The Business Experience Show, podcasting and writing background, Lisa Caprelli has made stories her life. As an entrepreneur, Lisa went on a 2.5 year journey researching & interviewing 13 notable entrepreneurs on what makes for a MEANINGFUL, HAPPY and PROSPEROUS life. Enter her book Skip a Step: Imparting Wisdom For Young Entrepreneur Minds. It was through Skip a Step that she fulfilled her life's purpose to create the UNICORN JAZZ world in 2018.
Her books—“Skip a Step” and talks like “The 5 Hats”—draw from her experiences interviewing hundreds of people, specifically entrepreneurs, during the course of her more than 10 years in live radio broadcasting. Caprelli has helped more than 150 brands build their business.
Caprelli also does virtual and in person author visits for elementary school age students. She currently resides in Southern California and is the proud mother of two boys. When she is not working as an entrepreneur, writing books, or interviewing the next generation of business leaders, she enjoys hiking, backpacking, camping, and running.
Meet children’s author Lisa Caprelli, a Latina mom on a mission to inspire kids to learn. Lisa was inspired by Sesame Street’s combination of music, puppetry and talent to teach.
During the pandemic, she found the silver lining for children to express themselves creatively while sharing HAPPINESS. Utilizing technology platforms like YouTube, Facebook Live and Amazon TV, “Unicorn Jazz Presents The Thing I Do” was born. It has been described as a modern, educational and fun show for kids --with puppets, stories and with real kids -- who could send in their short videos and merge them into a TV show series.
2020 tested many of us and it was during that time Lisa did not stop her nationwide school tour of presenting and encouraging the arts, reading, writing, music, and storytelling … Instead of feeling defeated, she took the opportunity to impact more families in the quickest, most efficient way possible -- by producing and directing an online kids’ show!
To date, Unicorn Jazz, a multi-media brand has reached over 500,000 children through school tours, social media influencers, bloggers and podcast outreach!
Lisa uses her characters from the Unicorn Jazz series, offering social emotional learning in its books - turned some into puppets, Unicorn Jazz and Trezekke (pronounced tray-zee-kee) a zebracorn -- along with a puppet led game show -- “Happiness News” -- ocean animals -- original music soundtracks -- like:
- The Friendship Song
- Rainbow song
- Make that smile a little bit bigger
- Baby, I love you …
- and more!
Created with numerous talented kids, actors and singers, the show has talent ~ like 13 year old, Broadway star, Emily Isabel. Rhett Drennen shares his joy of reading -- along with fun facts to make learning fun and imaginative!
To learn more, go to UnicornJazz.com and to be part of the show go to UnicornJazz.com/show
The Unicorn Jazz children's book series has helped and changed so many kids' and parents' lives in so many positive ways, and author Lisa Caprelli hopes to inspire you too! To grab a book, or to view the entire collection of stories in the UJ series so far, be sure to visit Lisa Caprelli's Amazon.com author page.